LITIGATOR, STRATEGIST, PROBLEM-SOLVER
David Rosemberg has more than 15 years of broad-ranging experience as a business dispute resolution advocate in domestic and international litigation, trial, and arbitral proceedings on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. David’s experience ranges from highly complex disputes to comparatively routine business advisory work. Over the course of his career, David has successfully represented domestic and international public and private companies from a number of different industries, including communications, construction, entertainment, fashion, financial services, manufacturing, real estate, and technology in connection with their Florida litigation needs. He has handled cases covered by media outlets throughout the country and has been quoted in major national and international news publications, including the New York Times, Reuters, Folha de S. Paulo, Fox Business, as well as local news publications, including the Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach Post and the Daily Business Review.
David is fluent in Spanish and often serves as a “family adviser” to some of the most discerning ultra-high net-worth individuals and families in Latin America with interests in Florida and elsewhere in the United States, advising them in connection with their legal needs. From 2009-2014, David represented numerous Latin American investors against various European headquartered banks in International AAA and FINRA arbitrations arising out of the $60 billion Madoff Ponzi scheme. Click here for more details.
David’s broad practice enables him to draw upon many areas of knowledge in order to craft “out of the box” solutions not available to overly-specialized practitioners.
Prior to forming Rosemberg Law in 2017, David was a partner in the pre-eminent litigation department of Broad and Cassel, LLP where he practiced in the areas of complex commercial and business litigation with an emphasis on contract disputes, business torts, and intellectual property (trademark infringement and copyright reversion). David also maintained an international practice that included contract, real estate and securities matters.
Notable Reported Decisions
- Luxottica Group S.p.A. v. Airport Mini Mall, LLC, et. al., 2017 WL 836919 (N.D. Ga. Feb. 10, 2017) (contributory trademark infringement; jury verdict in the amount of $1.9mm in favor of trademark owners)
- Luxottica Group. S.p.A. v. Greenbriar Marketplace II, LLC, 212 F. Supp. 3d 1375 (N.D. Ga. 2016)
- Luxottica Group S.p.A. v. Cash Am. E., Inc., 198 F. Supp. 3d 1327 (M.D. Fla. 2016)
- Coach, Inc. v. Swap Shop, Inc., et. al., 916 F. Supp. 2d 1271 (S.D. Fla. 2012) / 2013 WL 4407064 (S.D. Fla. 2013 (contributory trademark infringement; $5.5mm settlement in favor of trademark owner during trial)
- Coach, Inc. Visitors Flea Market, LLC, et. al., 2013 WL 5770598 (M.D. Fla. 2013)
- Lower Fees, Inc. v. Bankrate, Inc., 74 So. 3d 517 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Finalist in 2016 Most Effective Lawyers: Intellectual Property by the Daily Business Review
- Finalist in Up and Comer Awards by South Florida Business and Wealth, 2015
- “2014 Rising Star” by the Daily Business Review
- “Rising Star” in “Florida Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2016
Bar Membership – Florida
Courts - United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
Education - David received his B.A. from the James Madison College at Michigan State University in 1998 and his J.D. from the Emory University School of Law in 2002. He is licensed to practice in Florida.
U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Inter-American Chapter, Immediate Past President
Bakehouse Art Complex, Past President
Florida Bar, Member